Car Towing 101: Understanding The Different Types Of Towing
If you’re new to car towing, you might be wondering what the difference is between all these types of tow trucks and how they fit into the market. This article will break down the different types of tow trucks so that you can decide which type is best for your needs.
Types of Towing
There are a few different types of towing that you may encounter. Understanding the different types can help you choose the right tow truck for your needs.
1. Cable Towing: This is the most common type of towing. Cable towing involves the use of a cable connected between the tow truck and the car being towed. The tow truck slowly pulls the car along the cable, allowing it to move at a slow pace. This is usually used when towing a small object, like a boat or recreational vehicle.
2. Tow Truck With A Chain: Tow trucks with chains are similar to cable-tow trucks, but they use a chain instead of a cable. This is because chains are stronger and can pull more weight than cables. Chains are also easier to use than cables, which makes them more popular in rural areas where there are fewer roads.
3. Tow Truck With A Tug: Tow trucks with tugs are used when you need to move a heavy object, like a trailer or boat. These trucks have a motor attached to a large tugboat-style handle. The tow truck driver uses this handle to pull the object along the road.
Cost of Car Towing
When you need to get your car towed, there are a few different types of towing services you can choose from. The cost of each service will vary depending on the distance your car needs to be towed, the type of vehicle being towed, and the time of day.
The most common type of towing is called a flat rate tow. This type of towing charges a fixed fee for any distance your car needs to be towed. There is also a per-mile fee for flat rate tows.
Another common type of towing is called a time and distance tow. This type of towing charges a per-hour or per-mile fee for the time it takes to tow your car and the distance it needs to be towed.
Finally, there is a pick-up and delivery tow. This type of tow charges a set fee for picking up your car and then delivering it back to your original location.
How to Get the Best Price for a Car Towing
When you need a car towed, it’s important to understand the different types of towing services available. There are four main types of towing services: flatbed, truck, SUV, and van.
Flatbed towing is the most common type of towing. Flatbeds are large trucks with a crane attached to the front. They can tow cars and heavy objects.
Truck towing is another common type of towing. Trucks are usually larger than flatbeds and can tow more cars and heavy objects.
SUV towing is a newer type of towing. SUVs have higher ride heights than other cars, which makes them good candidates for towing.
Van towing is the least common type of towing. Vans are usually smaller than other types of cars and don’t have a lot of room inside them. This means they can’t tow as many cars as other types of towing trucks.
Tips for Getting a Flat Tire Fixed
If you’re ever in a situation where you need to get your car towed, there are a few things you should know. Here are some tips for getting your flat tire fixed the right way:
1. Make sure to call a tow truck as soon as possible. The sooner you call, the sooner someone can come and take your car away.
2. Always have the car’s registration, proof of insurance, and license plate number with you when you call. This will help the tow truck driver identify your car and get it back to you as quickly as possible.
3. Make sure to keep all of the belongings inside the car while it’s being towed. This includes any tools or equipment that you may need to fix the flat tire.
4. Don’t try to drive the car yourself. If you do, the tow truck driver might have to break the window to take it away, which could cause damage to your car.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to get your car towed in a safe and timely manner.
Different Types of Towing.
If you need to be towed in your car, it’s important to understand the different types of towing.
There are four main types of towing: basic, flatbed, truck-mounted, and heavy-duty.
Basic tow trucks use a trailer that is attached to the front of the truck. This type of tow is cheapest and is used for small cars and motorcycles.
Flatbed tow trucks use a similar setup to basic tow trucks, but they have a large flat bed that can hold larger cars and trucks. This type of tow is more expensive than other types, but it is more versatile.
Truck-mounted tow trucks use a special rig that attaches to the back of the truck. This type of tow is the most expensive, but it is also the most specialized. It is used mainly for big vehicles, such as trucks and buses.
Heavy-duty tow trucks are the most expensive type of tow truck, but they also offer the biggest range of services. They are used for heavy vehicles, such as trailers and large cars.
MR Towing Services has the Tow you Need!
MR Towing Services tows practically every type of vehicle you can think of. Our towing services include cars, SUVs, trucks, RVs, box trucks, motorcycles, and tractors. If we can tow a tractor, you best believe we can handle the towing of your car!
We’re available 24/7. Anytime you need our assistance, give us a call. We know breakdowns and car accidents don’t have hours of operation—they can happen at the most random of times. That’s why we’re always available. Drivers and passengers shouldn’t be denied service because their car broke down at a bad time. Certainly, you would agree that there is no good time for a vehicle breakdown.
Remember, MR Towing Services is just a call away! Let us get your vehicle to a safe place as quickly as possible.
If you need a tow, a jumpstart, or maybe you need to get back into your car after you’ve locked yourself out, MR Towing Services is here to help! Call us today! 214-238-5134